Monday 13 February 2012

Well... i'm starting late but this is my blog and my journey with Cancer...

On Thursday January 5th...I once again made my way to the Chilliwack Hospital with abdominal pain... Keep in mind this has been going on for just about two years. I have seen my family dr a number of times along with a gastronologist... Needless to say no one could figure out was was wrong with me. The latest diagnosis from my family doc was "IBS"... 

Although this day was diffrent then the rest.. the DR didn't just give me pain meds and send me home.. he ran test.. ultrasounds.. and ordered a CT scan ( keep in mind here that I had a CT scan about 6 months prior as well ).

I spent that night in Emergency in a small private room at the back of the ward.. and was rolled off for my CT the next morning...

Once the CT was done I had an intern come in and ask me about my family history... and she just started posing "ALOT" of questions which I thought was odd... but I was happy they were trying to figure this out for me..

At this point I still didn't know anything but had begun to worry as everyone seemed "ALOT" more compationate towards me.. I don't find ER staff very compationate .. just for the record. Those nurses and dr's put up with alot on a daily basis and want to fix you and get you out.. no time for mr/mrs nice guy/girls.

They admited me to the third floor where they said I would be staying for investigation.. ( I'm sure they knew at this point about the tumor/mass )...

On Sunday January 8th .. is when I heard the news. I can just remember staring blankly at the Dr when he grabbed my shoulder ( much like you see in the movies when a DR is about to deliver bad news ) he then said... We found a mass on the CT scan that's about the size of a baby's head.. He proceeded to tell me that he was almost certain it was Colon Cancer.. that there may be a 1 in a million chance that it was not... Needless to say I was very upset... We talked for a bit and he then left the room so I could compose myself and contact family.

I picked up my phone... and called Adam.

3 comments:

Michelle O said...

This was a very emotional day xoxox

Breland16 said...

This was a VERY emotional day! I remember this day very well.. <3 and the phone call <3

Tam said...

Ya me too <3

Post a Comment